Thursday, November 3, 2011

Outside the Box

                                           SOLD

I'm happy that cooler weather is here (even in Florida), and celebrated by painting these colorful gourds.

I would like to extend a very big thank you to Neil Carroll of London, England, for his wonderful blog post featuring my painting, "Contemplating Blue and Orange".  Neil is a fellow member of the DPW  artist community, who though he claims to be "new" to oil painting, is a very talented.  His lovely still life paintings caught my attention right away when I first encountered them on the DPW site, and I am happy to share one of my favorites with you.here.  His chiaroscuro paintings are little gems.

                                    Neil Carroll, "Small Pot"  6"x8"

You can see more of Neil's work at neilcarroll.com , and on his  DPW gallery.  

One of the things I treasure about being an artist is the privilege of being part of a wonderful community of people who are among the most supportive and generous I have ever encountered; willing to share their knowledge and experience to help in any way.  Neil's blog post is just one of the many examples of this generosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment