Friday, November 18, 2011

Boca Grande Workshop Report


Last week I taught a three day still life workshop at the Boca Grande Art Alliance in Boca Grande, FL.  Above is my very brief and very unfinished demo of one of our still life set ups.

Five students participated in the class, most of whom had never painted from life before.  I introduced them to a lot of information, but they were eager to learn and worked very diligently at their easels, as the following pictures show. They all said they had a great time.  I know I did, and I am very proud of the work they did.

Thanks to the wonderful staff at the Art Alliance for inviting me to give a class, and for making all the arrangements.  Boca Grande is a lovely small island off the coast of Port Charlotte and Venice, on Florida's beautiful west coast.  What a beautiful place to spend three days!










1 comment:

  1. Way to go Julie,
    Those students look like Happy Campers and their work looks like they were getting some good instruction.
    Cheers, ~ Charley Morgan

    ReplyDelete