Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Couple of Grannies

                                          SOLD

Once again, apologies for the gap between posts.  I am going to make an effort to resume posting on a more regular basis now that things have settled down for me.

I haven't had much time to paint  small paintings in the past few weeks, but did manage to do this one.  The granny glasses belong to one of my students, who has kindly been loaning me items for still life props. I liked the idea of the Granny Smith apple and the glasses together, but the glasses were definitely a challenge to paint - symmetrical circles with thin rims!

I would like to share with you a wonderful new development in my art career.  This past week my work was accepted for representation by Anderson Fine Art Gallery in St. Simon's Island, GA. The gallery represents a variety of nationally known artists, and I am thrilled and honored to be among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment