Saturday, August 20, 2011

Out in Front


                                                 SOLD


Here is another study for the larger painting I am planning, this one  in a slightly different color scheme than the jar with the apple I posted last week.  I am working on combining the subject, primarily the jars and jug with the fruit into a good design and then experimenting with different background colors to best enhance the subject.  Doing these little color studies helps both with the design and gives me an idea of how I will handle painting the objects themselves. This painting was painted over a previous work, and I left a bit of the old painting showing through in places. It is a little bit looser than I usually paint, but I liked the look, so decided to leave it.

juliemesserschmidt.com
juliemesserschmidt.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment