Saturday, August 27, 2011

Last of the Birthday Wine

                                            NFS
My husband and I love wine from Burgundy in France, and he is always asking me to do a  "wine painting".  He celebrated a birthday a couple of weeks ago, we had this bottle for dinner, so here is his wine painting!

The painting challenge for me was what to do about the lettering on the label.  As it is the focal point of the painting,  I wanted it to be legible enough to recognize as the wine we had, but yet not so perfect that the lettering took over.  This is not easy to do, and I'm not sure my efforts were totally successful.  Maybe that's why I don't do more paintings featuring wine bottles.  Guess I'll have to practice by doing some more.

juliemesserschmidt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment