Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cobalt Blue

                                             
                                           SOLD

This is another in the "Paint What You Paint With" series.  I really enjoy painting the rolled up and twisted  paint tubes; I like the way the light catches twists and turns forming  nice abstract patterns.  I may have to start keeping a few used ones around the studio to use as future props! I'll definitely be doing some more.  

I just started a new larger piece this week, and am excited about working on that right now.  As much as I enjoy working on the small paintings, it's fun to finally work on a larger scale with a more complex set up.

Below is a 16x20 I recently completed.

Arabian Dallah with Fruit and Leaves



2 comments:

  1. i understand 'dallah' is an arabian coffee urn?

    well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. great image well executed in natural light.

    ReplyDelete