Monday, April 4, 2011

Japan Still on My Mind

                           
                                              "Contemplating Blue and Orange"  7x12

On March 11, I started to set up a still life, not knowing exactly what I wanted to do.  I began playing around with a few different ideas and came up with this oriental theme.  The painting came together very quickly for me and was finished in just three short (less than 4 hour) sessions.  I am very pleased with it and feel it is one of my best. I must have had Japan on my mind even before hearing of the devastating earthquake, which had taken place that day.

I am delighted to report the results of the Daily Paintworks  Help Japan Challenge.  To date there are over 400 entries and more than $25,000 has been raised.  The challenge is still running, so please check it out.

I am also happy that my painting sold to a fellow Red Sox fan, enabling me to make a generous donation to the "Red Sox Foundation Japan Relief Effort".  Thank you for your support.

1 comment:

  1. This painting is a "Little Gem". Good concept, well composed and executed. The way the value of the background relates to the shadows seems to focus the eye on what's in the light! Takes the eye on a nice journey!

    Do you have any workshops coming up?

    ReplyDelete