Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Chinese Red

Chinese Red, Oil on Linen,  26x30

I completed this painting recently, and want to thank my friend, Scotty, for loaning me her beautiful antique Chinese lunch basket.  The basket is two hundred years old and so elegant. Imagine using it to carry your lunch!  The intricacies of the detail were challenging to draw, but I hope I was able to capture its grace and magnificent red color.  I am loving red these days!

In two weeks I will be heading back to Pinehurst, NC for the Palustris Arts Festival March 26-29. The festival is a celebration of local and regional arts featuring music, dance, theater and visual art. Hollyhocks Art Gallery has been chosen as one of the featured venues, and is hosting a reception on Friday, March 27 from 5-7 pm.  For those of you in the area, please stop by.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment